Saturday, May 06, 2006

A Bug's Life

Bugs! Bugs! Bugs!
For weeks, or months, I can't even recall, I am only doing bugs fixing, nothing more. Fix this, break the other one, fix the other one, after merging, it breaks again, I'm really tired of this
.

Why it's so buggy you asked?

We are maintaining and developing a ready made product, those that already there, most of the time, we assume it works correctly, well, at least in the usual ways. But when the unexpected strikes, you are gonna have a hell lot of time to trace, debug, fix, patch data! Why wasn't it tested thoroughly in the first place? First of all, time, schedule, it's all packed, you just can't say I'm wasting few days to test the bugs I've fixed, even QAs are at hands full. You delay, clients shoot you, it's all about time to market, and you sacrifice the stability of your system. Second, it's already there, and was working fine, who still gonna bother to test it again? When the bugs finally discovered, you are eating your old and dirty shits!

Bugs fixing is nothing more than changing some codes, data patching is the actual main course, from incorrect to correct, corrupted to fixed, without affecting the others problem-free one, arrrggghhh!! I hate doing this! All of these are really killing my morale, my confidence, my mood, everything!

Tomorrow gonna work again, damn it! No life is really good life!

No comments: