Saturday, May 13, 2006

My mistress's new shoes

My PC is my beloved wife, and my cutie mistress is my car, a Perodua MyVi 1.3 SXi.

This model is by far the hottest in the country for middle-lower range class car, and the number of people owning it is growing at an incredible rate, you can see lots of it cruising around the streets now.
So to make a difference, you need to mod it. Was thinking to do alot of modifications on her when I bought the car, well, think is think, to really do it is another question. The easiest mod is changing the shoes - the rim and tyre. Has been talking/thinking to change it from day 1, and today I finally did it.

This early morning, me, Kong and Chean, after took our breakfast at Chean's area, we straight cruised up to Klang, to a well known shop for rims, tyres and other lower body parts related, Hin Leong Tyre Services, aka Kedai Papan (wooden shop). This shop is famous among local car forums of all kinds, its fame probably came from its varieties of rim selections, which also at an affordable and reasonable price. Chean previously bought his rim there, so he's like a guide for this whole expedition. Hehehe!

We reached there around 10am+. It was really an amazing view when you step into the shop, it has 2 shop lots, in each lot, 1 side of the wall, is fill with all kind of rims! It's over 100 kinds of rim for you to choose! I was planning to get a 16" one, so we went to the 16" section. Oh man, the hardest thing in life is to choose, and it's even harder when you have so many choices! I spent around 1 hour trying to choose among these goodies, I guess I'm really suck at this, and came out with no conclusion, but still managed to filter most of them, and left a few to choose. Then we decided to ask whether we could drive my car inside for a direct rim to car comparison, and we've got a yes. Hahaha! This made things easier, we just grabbed those we like and place them over my car's rim to check how it "looks" when it is installed.

Finally, one was chosen, and now of course proceed to the price negotiation. The trade in price for my original rim and tyre was way below expected, dang, they sure know how to use your disadvantages for their advantage. Because it's quite impossible for me to not trade in my original rim and tyre, and bring it back to KL and ask for better price. I have no choice but to agree with his offer.

And they started to install my new rim and tyre. While they are doing it, items which were not in the purchase list were added, wow, hidden cost huh, we were all thinking. So I ended up getting these:
1. 4 Mugen GP rims (eerr... imitation of course, hehehe)
2. 4 Bridgestone MY01 205/45/R16 tyres.
3. 1 set 16 pieces nuts.
4. 1 set 4
pieces unique key nuts.
5. 1 set 4
pieces tyre air pump hose.
6. 1 set 4
pieces center cone hub holder (for holding the rim tider to provide more stability)

Got my baby a pair of new shoes sure have to test it out. Hahaha! I was doing 120km/h on the way back to KL (dang, hard to pass over that, really have to complain to Perodua service center when doing my 2nd car service!). Compare to the time we came to Klang, this time it was way more stable, good result, and I'm satisfied with it. Although you do feel the power lost when you try to accelerate. I will post some photos of my new rims later.

And ya, heard MyVi's spare tyre is a bloody small and thin 13" bugger, I am gonna check it out tomorrow and post some photos too. Can't imagine how am I gonna run my baby on this fucker...

No comments: