Sunday, May 21, 2006

Tonsillitis - My dead spot

What is Tonsillitis? Info From KidsHealth:

Tonsillitis is an inflammation of the tonsils, the fleshy clusters of tissue on both sides of the back of the throat that fight off germs that enter the body through the mouth. The tonsils become enlarged and red, and can be coated with a yellow, gray, or white substance. An affected child typically has a sore throat, fever, swollen glands in the neck, and trouble swallowing. Read it more.

I get this very often, I guess it's in the gene, my dad, at his younger age, also had this troubling him now and then.

The cause of it, most info you found will say infection of bacterial, and the best prevention is to follow basic health and hygiene precautions, etc. You can read some prevention guide here. But for my case, cold, is the cause. Cold drinks, bath in cold water, etc. I guess the immune system becomes weak in this condition, and hence, the
bacterial has a better chance. But how can one don't drink any cold water, take cold shower at all? So this is truely my dead spot, when the body is in its lowest form, and with this as catalyst, that's it, bingo!

Got this 6 days ago, lying dead on bed for 2 days, till today, the fever is gone, the pain is getting worse. Eating is really a suffering process for me, especially solid food, you are not only feeling painful when swallowing, but also chewing! It's a nightmare!

Probably the medicine, typically just anti-biotic, was not prescribed at a frequent rate by the doctor. So I went to see the doctor again yesterday night, coz the medicine almost finish, but the pain is the other way around, increasingly painful. Got myself somemore
anti-biotic, well, hope it will heal fast, at least for now.

P/S: Some scary facts here

No comments: