Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Car service

The sound of my baby's engine is getting rougher and noisier, gear shifting also not as smooth as usual, sometimes can even hear the sound of gear clutching, all this only leads to one conclusion: It's time for a car service!

Frankly, I have been pushing my baby quite hard, dragging her in high rev, rough gear shifting, speeding, went through potholes and bumps like there are not there. Almost torturing her to every bit, my poor baby...

Last week was planning to go for my 2nd car service on Saturday, which is at 5K mileage. During my 1st service, I was so n00b that didn't even know an appointment is needed with the service center for any car repairings and services, luckily that time the receptionist was kind enough to slot me in!

So this time, I called the service center on Thursday, 2 days before my planned service date, and thought that this should secure me a nice morning slot. Well, I was wrong! I made the call after lunch, with several tries, finally someone picked up the phone. So I told her I wanna make an appointment for car service on Saturday, she just blah blah blah away, asking me my details, "10th of June ya, right?" She asked again, and I said yes and hung up after that. Then I was like what the?! I wanted on that coming Saturday, which is 27th May, not 2 weeks after! So I called again and told her she got it wrong, and I wanna book on
27th May. "Oh, fully booked, 2 weekends also fully booked." She replied me. I was really shocked! What the fuck with this high service demands? And I was told if I want to have any business with the service center on weekends, better make appointment 2 weeks advance! Darn!

So, what should I do? Wait for 2 weeks? By then my mileage will be around 6K, 1K over, will there be any problem? Try other service center? It just like trying luck, I bet most of them are the same. Take one day leave and do it on weekdays? Although I have many leaves left, but wasting it like this is really not something I want... Sigh, after thinking a bit, finally I choose to wait for 2 more weeks...

This recent rough engine sound really get me worried, although most probably won't really kill my baby, but who knows what impact it will cause? Lets cross my finger and hope that 10th of June will come faster!

No comments: