Monday, May 15, 2006

Drag

From Wikipedia:

Drag racing is a form of auto racing in which cars or motorcycles attempt to complete a fairly short, straight and level course in the shortest amount of time, starting from a dead stop. Read it more

Don't get me wrong, I'm not into any kind of racing, yet. But dragging, yes, I'm doing it, very often, and loving it! Driving alone in this long distance back and forth from working is really boring and dull, music alone can't always help, so I have to find a little excitement, to chase away the sleepiness, to kill time, to stir some joy in my boring life, and yes, to get some satisfaction!

If you ask me to race with others on the street, no, sorry, I'm a chicken, I'm afraid, I'm scared. It's probably the side effect from last year accident, not lethal, but the front of the car was almost a goner, although no significant injuries, only some bruises, but the mental impact was huge.
Whereas dragging, safer on the other hand, it's not only about speed and boldness, but skill and concentration. The driver has to be very accurate with gear shift and throttle modulation. Perfect shift as we always say, shifting without (or slightly) dropping of RPM, and no jerking in the process, is a very satisfying style to perform, and this is what makes me attracted to it.

My usual dragging place, hahaha, shame to say, mostly at tolls and traffic lights. The feeling is great when you start from stationary, gaining up and dropped those cars behind you one by one! Sweeeeeeet~!

Of course, safety is still my top priority, there's so many things waiting for me to do, and I have not yet done, I wouldn't risk my life in this momentary satisfaction and proud.


No comments: