Friday, April 28, 2006

Learn to swim - The prelude

We were planning to learn swimming like months ago, Chean even did some digging around online advertisements and called a few to ask about it. Among all of them, he seemed quite interested in one instructor known as Mr. Lim, due to his quite detailed explanations over the phone and his enthusiasm to teach. He even asked Chean to go over his house and take some brochures and testimonials.

Well, we did, last night.

After picking up Yanny, we, Chean, CK and me went straight to Mr. Lim's house, it is located around Yanny's place, sort of, don't ask me where it is, coz I'm definitely a road blind. With Mr. Lim's instructions over the phone, we managed to find his house and we finally met him.

First impression, OMFG! We knew he is an aged elder, and thought he's around 40 or a bit more, but not at that age! In front of us, was a definitely over 50s elder, looked almost reaching his 60s, you gotta be kidding! Frankly, I was stunned, and lost myself in stiff smile, and for sure, I was indeed sceptical.

Without much choice, we went into his house. His TV was on, and he handed over a pile of papers put inside a plastic holder, with a name card pinned at the upper corner. Then he started to talk, introducing himself, and other stuffs along. We didn't even have the chance to check out the documents, testimonials he gave us. "Wei, stop reading first, this is important, pay attention a bit ah". This was what he shot at Yanny when he caught him reading the documents, hahaha, damn funny! He talked alot, about his past students, his experience, yadda, yadda, he had begun to convincing us. Sometimes I just turned to the TV shows and pulled myself away from his talks, coz his words almost repeating over and over again.

Then all of the sudden, he stood up, placing his hands on the button of his shirt, I was like WTF?! Then he took off his clothes, stunned again, I was. Not because of his muscles of course, coz he has none, but this sudden moves are really out of our comprehension! "Look at me, my body is so flexible and soft" He was doing some silat-like moves to demonstrate his "flexible" body!! Oh god, just kill me already! I was trying so hard to hold my laugh! So did others! Hahahahahahaha!
But honestly, at his age of 65, he still has a young-looking body, although not fit like a body builder, with dark color skin tone, proves that he is a regular swimmer.

Believe it or not, he started asking us to test on his body. First, we were asked to poke his fore arm, before and after style! Before, when his muscle was relaxed, after, when he pumped up his muscle. Poor CK was sitting next to him, and he became Mr. Lim's body strength tester! CK was asked to punch at him, hold his fist to feel Mr. Lim's strength force, pushed here and there by him, oh man, we almost laugh the hell out of it!! Hahaha! Then Mr. Lim came up with yet another weird move and stunned all of us again. He searched through his drawer, guess what, he took out a chain and told us that's the item he uses for training! Oh brother! Then he began to whack his body with the big pile of chain! This had really made my day!

Despite of Mr. Lim's weird acts. His words and experience seemed convincing. And his "Mother of all exercise" method is somewhat interesting (hopefully not required us to dance in his silat-like moves, oh man...) We probably would give it a go and try it out, Yanny and others wouldn't be any problem coz they already know some basics of swimming, but for me, I'm a total n00b, and they are looking forward to see me learn to swim across a 8 feet deep pool on the first day of the lessons, as advertised by Mr. Lim... Dang!

No comments: