Thursday, April 19, 2007

So You Think You Can DANCE?

So You Think You Can Dance, a reality TV show, or the dance reality show, was a hit in United States, similar to the famous American Idol, people get to perform on stage, they get selected, eliminated, mentally and physically tortured, some becomes a laughing material, some eventually becomes the jewel of the crowd, fame and well, wealth of course, follows, blah blah blah, ya, that's the thing.


And like everything in Bolehland, we also brought in this show. With the slogan "We are looking for the BEST dancers in Malaysia", it shows on 8TV, 930pm every Thursday.

I watched the first episode, and the 3rd just now. It's a pretty interesting show, for me, it's better than watching that boring American.. err.. Malaysian Idol, and other singing reality show. Because I can see people actually perform, physically, dance with the rhythm, it's easier to see how well they perform, by their moves, their poses, their everything, where as for singing, I have to admit I'm not really good in music, I even have trouble following rhythm (thanks to the GBA game Rhythm Tengoku, I know), everyone seems like sings pretty good (especially near final stage), unless occasionally, those that had bad form and sang terribly, that I can differentiate.

OK, OK, I have to admit it was for the chics at first, girl dancing is really something quite enjoyable to watch. Then eventually, the dancing part, it's amazing to see some people has such a passion towards something they like, and they put full effort into it. Notice some of them are amateurs, that means they have a daily job, which probably has nothing to do with dancing, but they still put so much time to the things they love. And so I started to think of myself, do I have such a hobby? Or anything that I really passionate to spend lots of time to do it? Sigh, I can't answer, it just like work work work, then rest rest rest, dunno do what after that, and kinda like wasting my life, with no purpose...

Anyway, the show is not bad, try and see.

Here's some link to the show:
Malaysia 8TV So You Think You Can Dance
US Fox channel original version

1 comment:

JET said...

catch this show at youtube....

http://www.youtube.com/8tv