Sunday, April 29, 2007

MAS has done it again!

Friday night, I fetched my sis and her daughter, my niece, to KLIA. She's getting a flight to meet her hubby in Shanghai, my bro in law, who's working there, for a long 1 week vacation (thanks to the 2 consecutive coming holidays).

She booked a Malaysia Airlines flight, it was suppose to be 140am, so we got our ass there near 12am. After arrived at the departure hall, we proceeded to the checking counter. Then the receptionist gave my sis a weird look, "They didn't call you?" "Your flight has been delayed, miss". OK, fine, if didn't call us should be just 1 or half an hour, we thought. "It has changed to 640am". WTF?! This long delay and they don't even bother to contact their passengers?! Apparently nobody gets any notice, because there's other passengers queuing behind us,
were also boarding the same flight, and showing the surprise look too.


"Your flight has been delayed, miss", oh great!

Well, this is not a new story. It happens before, our bolehland's Malaysia Airlines, on the same flight, same destination (Pudong, Shanghai), sometimes ago, but those people were even more unlucky, it was delayed till 8am+! Suposed to be earlier, but then another ironic reason got in the way: There was no pilot available! Duuuhh...

So we had no choice but to wait. They gave my sis 2 compensation meal voucher, which worth RM25 each. I had to get a cappuccino to make myself awake. We bought some cakes and drinks, coffees to be exact. The kid was the most suffer one, it was way past her sleeping time, and yet, she's awake. We lied her down on the waiting couch, and tried to make her sleep, while me, mum and dad trying to stay longer to accompany them.


The medicine to keep me awake, and sometimes abnormal heart pumping.

At 130am, my eye lids were getting really heavy, so I sounded the going home alarm. We left my sis and my niece there, while we headed home, and reached around 230am.

All these hassles, thanks to our "great" national airline.

3 comments:

y@n said...

Yeah! Malaysia boleh!!

JET said...

hahaa..a.a.
really "malaysia boleh"..

image u already gave up at 130am. wonder how's yr sis and her daughter going to stay for all "mid night"...

spongemood said...

Hey, you can complain to MAS. Call up their hotline or whatever to get a compensation. You see, my friend was taking Cathay and the flight got delayed as well. They called up the hotline and Cathay compensated them with USD50 and a free upgrade to business class on their next trip with Cathay. And it's not only like MYR25 ok. Anyway I don't like MAS, service sux bad time !