Saturday, June 10, 2006

2nd Car Service - Done

Woke up quite early, and wondering around till half an hour before the car service appointment time. Mum told me she was having fever early morning, this sudden fever made her kinda worry because there's dengue cases in our area recently, but I think probably due to the hot weather and drank not enough water. So I drove her to the clinic first, and dad will pick her up after doctor check up.

Wow, almost 9pm! I quickly rushed to the service center, well, speeding again... Although it's quite near, but I still arrived 5 minutes late. I registered myself on my appointment time, and waited there. Aisks, and I was starting to get hungry. Did not eat anything the whole morning, coz planning to eat my favourite soup fish ball meehoon at the pasar near my place, after I finish this. And now started to feel weak and no energy...

"WNU XXXX" The receptionist shouted. That's my car plate number, so I went up to meet with her, and she showed me the things they gonna change in this 2nd service. From the lesson I learnt in last service, these people will generally assume your car has no other problem if you didn't tell them, duuhh! Yupe, there's some problems I wanna report.
First and most important, the clutch. Sometimes when I clutch out, or release clutch, I can't do it smoothly, as in slowly and constantly release the pedal. Because at certain point, you can feel as if it got stuck, and needs to release more force then it will only bulge, and this will cause a sudden jerk when you clutch in and clutch out. I don't think this is natural because other manual transmission car I drove before never has this problem!
Second, the audio player. This bugger starting to act weird for the past month. The buttons do not function properly, and gone haywire! When I press on, nothing happens, but have to press play to activate it. Sometimes the on off button will becomes the mute button instead, where the mute button strangely becomes the audio setting buttons, and also other werid cases. It's totally short circuited! But the problem is, once in a while, it will back to normal...
Third, the windshield. My car has this resistant watermarks that can't even get it off during my car wash, or even using glass cleaner material. My collegue told me her car was having this too, and the workshop people told her it can't be removed! WTF?! You kidding me?! New car like mine already had this problem?! This I must ask them to confirm!
Forth, of course is the fuel consumption. I can't really get the optimum fuel consumption as reported by most MyVians as they mentioned in the forum. Full tank 31L can only run around 420KM, where most can reach around 450+KM. No no no, I am comparing this with the records before I changed my rims. The FC is far more higher after I changed my rims, I have lost around 20-30KM due to this larger rim size! Hahaha, sacrifice performance for beauty, that's the price you have to pay!

But I had just reported the first 3 problems. Because new car FC will slowly improve after a few services, so I might just wait and see how first. For my windshield problem, she told me I could do it on weekdays, where there's not much workload like the weekends and they will check for me and it's probably the oily stuffs on it. So, there's still chances to get it fixed? Baaahh, like I'm always free on weekdays!

So I waited again, and my hungriness was getting stronger and stronger, fortunately I do not have gastric problem, otherwise I was really gonna suffer...

"WNU XXXX", my car plate number again? This time was the mechanic, and I followed him to the work floor. He asked me about the problems I reported, the audio player first. Dang! Just as I afraid, the bugger worked complete fine now! I explained several times again to him what's the problems, he seemed puzzled and didn't really believe what I said, and asked whether I know each button functions. Hahaha! Great... Then the clutch problem, just as I expected, he told me he can't feel any difference and it looked fine, but if I felt the clutch is positioned too high, he can adjust it for me. Once again, I explained to him but he seemed can't get it, was it my explanation that bad? Finally I asked him to do a test drive to check. Then I back to waiting again.

And guess what, after a few minutes, I was led to the cashier already! Dang! WTF?! These people don't even care what we reported, not even try to simulate and help us! I was really dissapointed, probably they were out of hand, fully scheduled, or anyhting, I dunno, but they gave me another bad impression about their service!

So I just drove away and went to ate my breakfast...

No comments: